Before you re-enter your username and password into your router, please ensure that:
Follow these steps to re-enter your TalkTalk broadband username and password into your router:
1. Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
2. Type http://192.168.1.1 into the Address bar and press Enter on your keyboard.
Note: Do not type www.
3. You will be asked to enter a username and password. These details are for your router. They are NOT your TalkTalk broadband username and password. Enter admin in both the User Name and Password boxes. Then click OK.
4. Click Quick Start on the left-hand side of the screen.
5. Enter your TalkTalk broadband username into the Username box and your password into the Password box. You can find these details in your welcome letter. If you don't have your welcome letter, please call 0870 0875 562 to retrieve your details. You must call this number from your TalkTalk landline. If you call from another number you will be unable to retrieve your details. This call is free of charge.
Note: The next two images are examples only. Please do NOT change your Wireless Network Name (SSID) or Wireless Network Password to match the details in the images.
6. Click Connect at the bottom of the page.
7. Click OK to continue and save the settings.
8. In the Address bar, type www.talktalk.co.uk and press Enter on your keyboard.
That's it - you're connected to the internet. Enjoy using your TalkTalk broadband.
If you want to set up a wireless connection, or if you're having problems with your wireless, you can find detailed step-by-step instructions on our Help & Support site. To find our wireless help pages, type www.talktalk.co.uk/help/wireless-setup into your Address bar and then press Enter on your keyboard.
Note: You cannot view the Help & Support site unless you're online. If you still have problems connecting, please follow the steps above again to re-enter your username and password.